Left over celery? Here’s a recipe that can be used all year round and tastes great. No celery? Try carrots instead, or leek and potatoes, spinach even – the recipe can be easily adapted to suit lots of other vegetables. Add some
fire-power with a chilli or a dash of ginger.
1 tbs. olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
1/2 bunch celery, chopped
2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic or 1 heaped tsp. crushed garlic
1 1/2 litres liquid chicken stock (Campbell’s Free Range No Added Salt) and ½ cup water (if needed)
¾ cup thickened cream
Flat leaf parsley, chopped roughly. Reserve some parsley to decorate
Black pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot or frypan, heat oil and fry onion and garlic until onion starts to soften.
2. Add celery and potatoes, fry on low heat for approx. 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock (and water if needed).
4. Season with pepper and turn up the heat and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until celery and potatoes are cooked.
6. Blend with a stick blender (or use a potato masher). Add cream and parsley and stir well. Return to simmer. Serve and enjoy!
7. Serve, decorated with reserved parsley and enjoy.