ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL (OVERSEAS)
Title and full name: _________________________________________
________________________________________ Postcode: ________
Telephone: H: _____________W:____________ Mob: ____________
Annual Subscription / Membership: □ Overseas Member $35.00
Bank Details: Queensland Hypertension Association Inc
Account Number: 3704-52784
Payment Reference:__________________________ (Your Name)
Cheques: Please make payable to: Queensland Hypertension Association Inc. and post to PO Box 193, Holland Park QLD 4121, Australia. Thank you.
I have: (Please tick one)
□ Hypertension □ Meniere’s syndrome
□ Other □ I’d just like to support QHA
QHA Annual Subscription Renewal (Overseas)
A key role of the QHA is to provide “education in self-management” for high blood pressure. Services offered by the QHA do not interfere with anti-hypertensive treatment and advice provided by the patient’s own GP or treating doctor. In fact, these services complement and assist them.
Other QHA services available to overseas Members, include:
- The bi-monthly newsletter BP Monitor and Salt Skip News, sent by email to overseas members. The newsleter includes tips and advice on improved lifestyle modifications, exercise and relaxation programs, self-measurement of BP, weight reduction, cholesterol-lowering diets and alcohol and smoking control; It also includes details of QHA Member Meetings and transcriptions of medical presentations relavent to reducing blood pressure and related research for other chronic and hypertensive conditions;
- Digital access to the Salt Skip Program with advice on the avoidance of dietary salt, including low-sodium recipes and foods, important in lifestyle prevention and tips to control high blood pressure, and
- Educational materials and website articles and blogs containing information on hypertension and lifestyle management.
Education and awareness:
The QHA also provides information to patients, health professionals and the general public through:
- Appearance at health promotional events, including representation at international conferences and forums;
- Promotion via the QHA website and social media platforms of LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; and
- Regular educational meetings, held throughout the year in Brisbane, Australia with a different and insightful educational topic covered at each meeting. Meeting transcriptions are available for overseas members in the digital newsletter, BP Monitor and Salt Skip News.
- The sale and maintenance and accuracy check of inexpensive “aneroid” or fully automated home blood pressure machines (regular or large-sized cuffs will be available), and instructions by trained personnel in their correct use;
Become a QHA member and join the fight against high blood pressure.