ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL (AUSTRALIAN)
Title and full name: _________________________________________
________________________________________ Postcode: ________
Telephone: H: _____________W:____________ Mob: ____________
Annual Subscription / Membership: □ Australian Member $25.00
Bank Details: Queensland Hypertension Association Inc
Account Number: 3704-52784
Payment Reference:__________________________ (Your Name)
Credit Card: (Please tick one) □ Visa □ MasterCard
Card No: ________/________/________/________
Expiry date: ______/______
Name on card: ____________________________________________ Amount: $ _____________
Cheques: Please make payable to: Queensland Hypertension Association Inc. and post to PO Box 193, Holland Park QLD 4121, Australia. Thank you.
I have: (Please tick one)
□ Hypertension □ Meniere’s syndrome
□ Other □ I’d just like to support QHA
QHA Annual Subscription Renewal (Australian)
A key role of the QHA is to provide “education in self-management” for high blood pressure. Services offered by the QHA do not interfere with anti-hypertensive treatment and advice provided by the patient’s own GP or treating doctor. In fact, these services complement and assist them.
Members renewing their Annual QHA Memberhip are able to access a range of benefits and services, including:
- The bi-monthly newsletter BP Monitor and Salt Skip News, sent by email to members. The newsleter includes tips and advice on improved lifestyle modifications, exercise and relaxation programs, self-measurement of BP, weight reduction, cholesterol-lowering diets and alcohol and smoking control; It also includes details of QHA Member Meetings and transcriptions of medical presentations relavent to reducing blood pressure and related research for other chronic and hypertensive conditions.
- Access to the Salt Skip Program with advice on the avoidance of dietary salt, including low-sodium recipes and foods, important in lifestyle prevention and tips to control high blood pressure; and
- Educational materials and website articles and blogs containing information on hypertension and lifestyle management.
Education and awareness:
The QHA also provides information to patients, health professionals and the general public through:
- Appearance at health promotional events,
- Promotion via the QHA website and social media platforms of LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and
- Regular educational meetings, held throughout the year at Greenslopes Private Hospital in Brisbane, with a different and insightful educational topic covered at each meeting.
- The sale and maintenance and accuracy check of inexpensive “aneroid” or fully automated home blood pressure machines (regular or large-sized cuffs will be available), and instructions by trained personnel in their correct use;
Become a QHA member and join the fight against high blood pressure.